Last Update: Aug 4, 2021
Optex LED Lighting
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
What Personal data do we collect?
We currently collect and process the following information:
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name and email address.
If you are browsing our website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other portable device information.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you access our website.
- When you contact us or we contact you to take part in surveys, competitions or promotions.
- When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly).
How we get the personal information and why we have it?
To personalize your experience
Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
Should we collect your data from an online survey we may also use your personal data to measure how satisfied you are with our service. This includes your requests for services or when you ask us questions on social media.
To improve our website
We strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
For internal business purposes
We may use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as improving our website or our customer service and identifying how our services are used. It is in our interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. For example, we want to ensure our website works properly.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If you would like further information, please contact us.
You have a number of rights relating to your personal data and/ or information and what happens to it, they are
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data;
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
If at any time you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our services, or for other marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe from our email service by clicking the “unsubscribe” button that appears in emails, or by contacting us (see the contact details on our contact page) .
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. Should you discover that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs changing (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) then please contact us so that we can correct it.
Security and retention of your personal data
How secure is your personal data?
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We have implemented various controls to protect your data. We protect your data by using firewalls and password protection. This means that your data is protected and only accessible by co-workers who need it to carry out their job responsibilities. We also make sure that there are physical controls in our buildings which restricts access to your personal data to keep it safe.
Retention of your personal data
Contact us via the contact page within the site.